Greeting from MVCCC Awana Leadership Team
We are excited to begin the eighth year of the Awana program at Mountain View Chinese Christian Church, and look forward to much growth as a ministry, both spiritually and numerically. As we have been praying for this ministry, we eagerly expect God to work in the hearts of our children so that they would grow up to be Kingdom workers for God. We would ask that you as parents would pray along with us as we embark on this new year!
As always, AWANA’s Theme verse is
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15 (NIV)
Our vision for this program is to bring children to the saving knowledge of Christ, to encourage and motivate their discipline in the Word of God, and to facilitate evangelism to parents.
Our goals for this year are as follows:
- Involve all church children.
- Build our clubbers’ understanding and love for God’s Word.
- Encourage 100% attendance and discipline.
- We thank God for parents and loved ones like you who care so much about your children! If any of you would like to be involved in anyway, please let us know! We hope you and your children have another blessed year in Awana.
Love in Christ,
MVCCC Awana Leadership Team
What is Awana
Awana is an international, Bible-centered children’s ministry providing local churches with weekly clubs, programs and training. Awana’s goal is to equip churches to reach children and their families with the gospel of Christ and train them to serve Him. The acronym Awana comes from the first letters of Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed as taken from 2 Timothy 2:15.
Ten standards of excellence for Awana Clubs are listed below:
- We reach boys and girls with the gospel of Christ and train them to serve Him.
- We recruit, train and motivate leaders to serve the local church.
- We use positive discipline and maintain order throughout the entire club meeting.
- We attract children with games and activities.
- We encourage memorization, understanding and application of Scripture.
- We use the elements of Council Time effectively.
- We motivate children through incentives.
- We manage God’s resources with faithfulness and integrity.
- We minister to parents and family members.
- We magnify the impact of our church’s ministry through cooperation with national AWANA ministry.